Monday 23 March 2015

The Unattractiveness of Too Much Drink

I am writing this post as i have spent many years working in a nightclub in Dublin and have witnessed first hand the affects of alcohol on guys and girls and now i would just like to express an opinion on this!

Dont get me wrong as i was young once and indeed at 29 i still am young enough but what i have seen over the years is so to put a word on it "unattractive"!

So anyway,i used to work in a nightclub in Dublin a few years ago and it was always gas to see the difference in the guys and girls  from when they first entered the club until the time they left! The guys would all be fashionably dressed and the girls would always look great in their short skirts and high heels which seemed to be the preferred choice of outfit!

At the start,everyone would be enjoying the dancing and as they say not being an abnoxious idiot but when the affects of excessive drinking kick in,these guys and girls become so less attractive!

The guys and for example just seemed to want to get drunk rather quick and then they become just plain fools that i would think to myself,who on Gods earth would be possibly interested in him,even though he is a good looking guy,the state that he is in is just so much of a turn off! I used to find it funny the fact that i had some admirers but it took the guys getting absolutely slaughtered before thinking they had a chance with me and the chat up lines and the asking me out would begin! If only they could see how ridiculous they sounded with their slurred speech and silly grin on their face,they would be so embarrassed! And the fact that at this stage,they think they are God's gift to all women! It is "So Unattractive"!

Yes the guys can get messy but my word,the most unattractive thing is a girl getting drunk! If only they could have seen themselves in the state they have gotten themselves into,it would be so embarrassing! They go from lovely sweet girls to loud and abnoxious witches in a short space of time! The makeup starts getting more excessive,the language gets very rude indeed and to see tham struggling to walk in the 5 and 6 inch heels is just downright embarrassing for all to see! And please dont mention the state that the Ladies toilets used to be in,i mean it was totally unbelievable at times and just downright sick! There would be water everywhere with taps left running,spilled drink everywhere,toilet paper everywhere and even sanitory towels in practically every cubicle on the floor or in the toilet,blocking it up,anywhere but in the actual bin solely provided for their disposal! I mean how is it possible to be so messy and dirty without having a thought for the person who has to tidy up this awful mess! Girls are by far the worst by an absolute mile and indeed can be the cause to the majority of fighting that occurred at times and this includes girls actually fighting amongst themselves!

I do have a drink myself and have had way too many in my time too but all i am saying is that it is so unattractive what excessive drinking can do to you and i have seen the results first hand and by far,it is much worse for a girl! Maybe the guys dont see it that way but i as a girl do!

My whole point of this is that it is so unattractive to get yourself into this state. I am all for going out for a good night and having a few drinks but honestly,the way drink changes a person can be frightening at times! Try having a look at a programme called "Booze Britain" sometime and just have a look at what it does to people and think "is that me"!

I think it is certainly worth thinking about! I really dont know if i have explained my thoughts too well with this but i hope you get the jist of my meaning and i have to say i am not against drinking or people going out and getting drunk as i have done it myself but i never make a show of myself,

Hollie xxx

ps-here in Ireland,there is a campaign starting to discourage our apparent excessive drinking culture,i myself do not agree with this at all as everyone should have the choice as to how much they want to drink and how much they want to buy! It is aimed at the adult population who are "adults"! They want to increase prices on spirits/wine/beers in off licences to discourage people from buying too much as they may not be able to afford it! It's like a do-gooder campaign that is only trying to take more money out of our pockets that we dont have!

16 comments:

  1. I do not drink alcohol almost never :) have a nice day!!!

    www.UnconventionalSecrets.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not missing much honey! Have a lovely day xx

      Delete
  2. I totally agree with you, I do drink occasionally not a ton, just maybe a drink and I'm good with that. I have seen tons of people that just get wasted and black out and it's just horrible and it's just not great for your body when you drink excessively any ways.
    I bet in Dublin the alcohol level is high, here in Utah it's not high because of the religion thing going on over here, but I know in Europe it's a high rate.
    That really sucks, I did a paper for one of my classes 2 weeks ago about the "campaign" they are doing to prevent the loss of population in Russia. They are trying to make drinking and smoking super duper expensive too. I thought that was odd because everyone in Russia just drinks all the time I think. Anyways, great post Hollie! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah thank you so much for taking the time to read and for your comment! Alcohol levels are generally high in Ireland as they always have and we do be classed as a nation of drinkers but that is our choice and they are trying to price us out of it! Strange situation in Russia it seems to be xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. ah thank you so much! i needed cheering up and you have done this for me xx

      Delete
  4. I used to drink quite a lot when I was 16/17 but I haven't drank alcohol at all in about 2 years and there's no way I'd touch it! I can't think of any worse now!

    www.saltandchic.com // UK Fashion Blog

    p.s. you could win a pair of thigh high boots in my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Amy for your comment honey! I will have a look at your blog now x

      Delete
  5. I couldn't agree more! I hope a lot of people read this post!

    Bella Pummarola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah thank you so much for your comment Anett and thanks for taking the time to read my post xx

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. thank you so much honey! Your latest post is just incredible x

      Delete
  7. Alcohol turns people into different characters and they think they can get away with it. My bf once got drunk on a night out and suddenly got really touchy in public and invited all of his friends into my tiny car without thinking about the consequences (he wanted to squeeze in 7 in a car designed for 4). He apologized the next day for being an idiot :) I never started drinking (the taste is too bitter for me) and don't miss it, though many people are ignorant and make constant comments about it. As if you can't enjoy yourself without 2litres of alcohol intus!

    Caz | Lunch Break Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree Carolin! It changes people too much and a prime example was what your bf tried to do! Ihave seen so much in my time working with drink that it would be enough to turn you off it forever! I do like a drink occassionally myself tho but never go overboard! xx

      Delete