Sunday 28 September 2014

25 Facts About Me-The Girl Behind The Blog

****14/06/15  I have slightly modified the original post and added a couple of new facts!****

Recently i came across a blog post titled "25 Facts About Me" so i thought why not give this a go. After talking to the girl behind the blog post,she told me that it was a difficult post to write but i thought sure why not give it a go,so here we are now. Even before i write any facts,i am finding it difficult lol! Anyway i hope you might enjoy a little bit of Hollie facts and interests and i hope it might give you an indication of the girl behind the blog!

1-I was born in Boston but moved to Ireland when i was 1 so have no memory of my birthplace at all.I have however promised myself that i will visit someday.

2-I support Swansea City for 11 years now since going for a weekend with the girls and going to The Vetch for a football match not knowing what to expect. I was hooked immediately,

3-I love anything Polka Dot especially skirts and dresses. I believe this all came from watching a video of Strawberry Switchblade singing since yesterday when i was a little girl and the fact that my dad had the record too.

4-I love playing Fantasy Football #fpl and finished 23rd in the world out of around 3 million people in 2012/13. I am very proud of this fact.

5-I was married at age 21,seperated at age 23 after my husband cheated on me and divorsed at age 27. I am now 29 years old.

6-I started my working life in a nightclub serving drinks and to this day i still work in the f+b industry although i dont work in nightclubs anymore. I will leave that to the younger girls.

7-I prefere wearing high heels to flats,a 4" and 5" heel are my favourites but do like a 6" from time to time and on occassions.

8-I love animals especially dogs and cats,i have a border collie,actually she is my BF's but she is mine now.

9- My favourite music is generally from the 80's for example The Bangles,A Flock of Seagulls and Cyndi Lauper.

10-Since joining twitter 10 months ago,i have had a mention on Irish TV,had a request played on national radio have been invited to audition for a reality show and have been offered big money to pose nude lol.

11-I suffer from Depression for a long time now but was officially diagnosed in January just gone! I will find the courage to write a proper post about this someday!

12-I know this might sound strange but when i take a real serious interest in something or someone,for some reason things always improve for that person. An example of this is Swansea City going from the 4th division to the premier league. My latest real interest is in someone who i believe the world is her oyster and something big will happen to her career. This will indeed prove my point.

13-I was not very girly in school but that changed over the years,i would describe myself as quite a girly girl now!

14-If i go out for a meal,my favourite dish would be steak,chips,mushrooms and fried onions,yummy.

15-I have no tattoo's although i am planning to get one,probably a swan in a love heart.

16-I find it difficult to go to sleep early,i guess that's from working till all hours in my younger days and it never left my system. I am a real nitebird!

17-Things that scare me are heights,spiders and wasps.

18-My favourite TV shows are Banshee,The Blacklist and The Originals. Also Game of Thrones is awesome!

19-I won a competition on Irelands top fashion show "Xpose" on Feb 4th but to this day,i have never recieved my prize! So disappointed with this!

20-I would love to have a child some day and fingers crossed it will happen but not just right now lol,i had a miscarraige during my marriage,

21-I always cry when watching a movie with either a happy or a sad ending especially when it involves animals,i get so embarrased at times with this.

22-I love getting flowers,that makes me very happy,especially pink and red roses. (Hope my lovely BF reads this lol).

23-Favourite quote recently "if in doubt,wear polka dot".

24-I have a girl crush if that's the right word to use and most girls do i believe,it doesn't mean i want to jump into bed with her or anything like that but i do think she is the most beautiful girl i have ever seen but unfortunately i cant say who it is because i follow her,she's a blogger but she doesn't follow me or my blog (sad face). It's always ok for a girl to have a girl crush right lol! ****Since originally writing this,i have taken a turn off this girl as she loves herself too much! ****

25-Fav number is 4, fav colour is red, fav nail varnish is Rimmel 030 red, fav perfume is cool water, fav lippy is anything by MAC, fav high heels by New Look, tea over coffee,polka dot dress over LBD and finally bra size is, well that's just going a little too far lol!

Well there you have it,i hope you enjoyed my 25 or so facts about me and just got a little more of an insight into me. One of the best things i ever did was to join twitter and start this blog! I have made so many new lovely friends and you all know who you are and i would love to get to know some more people that i follow abit better,

thanks for reading,

lots of love,

Hollie xxx


31 comments:

  1. Great post hun, I love reading these post and getting to know other bloggers more through them!
    Kelly | Beauty and the Nails

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you so much Kelly,i love getting comments lol. I enjoyed writing it and am so happy that you enjoyed reading it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post; it sounds like you've been through a lot and have some interesting things to say :) I always find these are great to get to know people a bit better. I did a similar one myself a few months ago (here) and enjoyed writing it as well as getting some great reception so i hope you do too! :) Danielle x

    frontière girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danielle,i cant for the life of me find your post! The above link doesn't work but i will try and find it! xx

      Delete
  4. I love finding out interesting facts about bloggers, probably because I'm a very nosy person haha! Lovely post hun x
    Olivia xxx
    sunshineinadress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danielle,thank you so much for your comment,it's been an interesting few years alright. I am going to have a look at yours right now! Thank you once again! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Olivia,thank you so much for your comment,i really appreciate it alot! Glad you enjoyed it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can imagine this is a hard post to write, but it was a really interesting read! I was born in Swansea and then moved when I was less than one year, so I have no memory. I think it's strange to have no memory of your birth place.

    ~ K

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi ya K,thanks so much for your comment,i can't remember anything about Boston at all,i was only 12 months old lol but i will visit some day,i promised myself that. My father has always said i would love Boston so someday i will see it for myself! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these types of posts so much! It's great to learn more about people :D My Mam is a big polka dot person too haha and I have a border collie cross!! His name is Baker :)
    I vote for a post all about your dog!!! :D

    Best wishes, Danielle xo
    http://underlandtowonderland.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha Danielle,that could be an idea! Thanks so much for your comment,i really appreciate it. Your Mam has great taste lol! And you just cant beat a border collie,best dogs ever! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, I loved reading your facts. I feel like I know you more now :D x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw thanks so much Leanne,glad you enjoyed it,i thought it was a fun post to write although it took me quite a while lol! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this post! It's always fun getting to know fellow bloggers more. I'm also afraid of wasps, and all bees really. So impressive that you prefer 4-6 inch heels! I'm so bad at walking in them :)

    Chelsea
    Chowing Down by the Bay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much for your comment Chelsea,i really appreciate it. It was a fun post to write,as for the heels,i got so used to them wearing them in work over the years that i dont seem to have a problem but 6" can be really difficult lol. xx

      Delete
  14. Great post, I always enjoy reading about the person behind the blog :D can't believe your ex husband cheated, what a douchebag! Also I really like 80s music and older music more than I do new music and I used to be less girly when I was younger too :) I've been recently watching the second series of The Blacklist with the bf after hearing him say how good the first series was and I'm enjoying it so far :)

    www.violetdaffodils.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comments,i really appreciate it.We seem to have alot in common lol.very good taste yes! Blacklist season 2 starts tonight over here,cant wait! xx

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Ciara,i am so happy you liked it,i really enjoyed writing it! xx

      Delete
  16. Good stuff, besides the ex.
    - @Rev0lusean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment,i love comments and thanks for taking the time to read it.It is very much appreciated!

      Delete
  17. Hollie, I really enjoyed this post! I have a thing for 80's music also but I am a little older than you.. LOL.. Cyndi Lauper that girl has a voice .. my favorite would be George Micheal. You have inspired me to post a blog like this it's fun getting to know the girl behind the blog!

    Mary
    http://curlybyrdiechirps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much for your comments Mary and for taking the time to read my post! It was a fun post to do and i look forward to reading your's when it is done! I loike George Michael too but Cyndi is superb,my fav is I Drove all Night! Thanks once again lovely! xx

      Delete
  18. Love it! I love your choice of facts! Great read and a fab blog xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nikki,i really appreciate your lovely comment! xx

      Delete
  19. Loved reading your 25 facts about yourself.. Keep up the Great Work! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Vicky! This means alot! xx

      Delete
  20. I hope you don't mind Ireland to much! I'm from the North :) - great post and facts always interesting to learn a little more x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. i very much love Ireland! I suppose being here for 28 years helps lol! Thanks Rebecca honey xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. We sound SOOOO similar! We like almost all the same things - love flowers, polka dots etc! And your post is FAB! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thank you so much,you have mafe my day! We are indeed quite similar xx

      Delete