Friday 28 August 2015

Is The WC the Solution To Your #fpl Problems



**UPDATED 12-09-15**

Having seen how the current season has started,it has occurred to me that playing your Wildcard is not necessarily the solution to your #fpl problem.The reason for this is that there are still so many options to be concidered and unless your team is truly awful,by playing it now,i believe that you will still not be happy and wishing that you had of put in X instead of Y.

My team as well as many others is sitting in 1.8 million position overall and i am sure i am not the only one thinking "it's not really that bad" and is it that much worse than the team who sits number 1 overall. So is the overall league table mis-leading if that is the right word against previous seasons and by saying this,i mean by chips having been played well and also by the use of very early WC's in which the majority have jumped on bandwagons which have indeed been successful moves.

So is my team really in need of major changes,i think not myself but afterall i am sitting in 1.8 million position overall so does the overall position influence you to hit that WC button,i think it has done with many fpl players.My current lineup is,

Fabianski,
Kolarov,Cedric,Huth
Sanchez,Ayew,Hazard,Mahrez,
Aguero,Gomis,Wilson

B-Coates,Oxford,Ritchie,Hennessy

I know i would love certain players in my team,for example Silva when he is fit,possibly KDB,Shaqiri and possibly Pedro but to do this,i would have to play my WC to get these guys in.Is my team really that bad that i should waste my WC taking out a few of the above to accomodate others. I think i would rather hold my WC and even take a few hits to get the team i want and keeping in mind that certain players who have not yet performed,will do soon and will become so called must haves.

Certain players are surprising us all and even today Naismith scoring 3 v Chelsea but i wont be rushing out to get him, Walcott starting and scoring, Hoolahan looks a very good cheapie (nice one Chief) and Martial comes off the bench and scores and gets a BP.But none of these have me saying,i have to play my wc to get them as they are must haves.

What i am saying is that there are still so many options available so with the start of this season being rather eratic,i think that the WC will not solve your fpl problems as i believe the game has still not "settled down as yet"!

There are so many players performing early in every position and there is no point in listing them all here but in reality you could actually make 4 or 5 different teams which would be equally as good by playing your WC but still wish that you could have that other guy and will your team be actually that much better than what you have now concidering all the options out there. It's a tough decision.

I still dont believe that the 1st WC is anywhere near as valuable to you as it was in previous years and i have previously done a post about this but it is still a very valuable tool to have and when to play it depends on the individual themselves. I would love to know the actual % of wildcards played and also chips.

As The Chief says in a recent post "I value patience in FPL" and this is so true. Other experienced managers and accounts but not all,have held off playing their WC and are trusting their original selections as they had set up their team for a number of weeks and are keeping the faith and even taking the odd hit too to sort out a problem.

So to finish off,my original plan was to play my WC after GW4,i did not as i didn't think it would significantly change my team for the better. Yes i know my team does need a little tweeking but a wc is not worth it at this stage even concidering my overall position.

At this early stage,overall position should not dictate that you have to use your WC,price changes seem to have influenced some,injuries might just be an influence to others as we await the news on silva/aguero etc but at this stage,it is a nice feeling to still have it intact and i may just use it but at the back of my mind,i cant help think that i will be wasting it as there are only a couple of players that i would like and i believe the game still has to settle down so to speak,

thanks for reading,

Hollie

5 comments:

  1. wtf man almost same squad... I only dont have Courtois Huth Ayew Kolarov...
    Have u been following me or what? ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you hunni,it was a good day xx

    ReplyDelete